21.10.10

The Apartment, 1960

"Fran Kubelik: I never catch colds.

C.C. Baxter: Really? I was reading some figures from the Sickness and Accident Claims Division. You know that the average New Yorker between the ages of twenty and fifty has two and a half colds a year?
 
Fran: That makes me feel just terrible.
 
Baxter: Why?
 
Fran: Well, to make the figures come out even, if I have no colds a year, some poor slob must have five colds a year.
 
Baxter: Yeah... it's me."


brought to you by Shirley MacLaine as Miss Kubelik 
and Jack Lemon as Buddy Boy Baxter










"Fran: I wouldn't be too sure. Just because I wear a uniform, that doesn't make me a Girl Scout.
 
Baxter: Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned, you're tops, I mean, decency-wise, and otherwise-wise."

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...