3.1.11

High Society, 1956



"Louis Armstrong: End of song, beginning of story."




"Mike: She's a lovely girl.
Tracy: Yes, isn't she? Ah, but we're afraid she has a homicidal streak."



"Tracy: Do you like my dress?
Uncle Willie: Oh yes, it's quite beautiful.
Tracy: It's awfully heavy."

 
"Mike: Didn't you once know a girl named Tracy Samantha Lord?
Dexter: Yes, I did.
Mike: No, you didn't! If you did, you wouldn't have let her go!"


"Dexter: Uncle Willy, this morning you look like a tree full of owls."



"Mike: Don't dig that kind of crooning, chum.
Dexter: You must be one of the newer fellows."


images via verdoux.wordpress.com

"George Kittredge: That's all?
Mike: That's all.
Tracy: Why? Was I so cold? So forbidding?
Mike: Not at all. On the contrary but you were somewhat the worse 
or the better for the wine and there are rules about such things."



"Tracy: Oh, it got dark all of a sudden."



"Tracy: I'm such an unholy mess of a girl.
Dexter: Oh, come on, that's not even good conversation, Tracy."



"Mike: Is that for me?
Dexter: It's for Sam, you want one?
Mike: You know how I feel about my grandmother but I'd sell her for a drink.
Dexter: Uncle Willie's in the pantry doing weird and wonderful things with healing waters. Tell him you'd like one of the same.
Mike: Can I ask for two?
Dexter: Keep going till you run out of grandmothers.
Mike: I'll be drinking a long time."



"Dexter: Oh Sam you're slipping. 
That used to terrify me, the withering glance of the goddess."



"Mike: She can't be for real.
Liz Imbrie: Who was doing the interviewing?
Mike: You think she was born that way?
Liz Imbrie: Nah. Takes years."


"Tracy: Help me off the pedestal.
Seth Lord: Watch out for that first step, it's quite a tumble."


Movie stills

 
Image Bob Willoughby








Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...