10.12.10

Taxi Driver, 1976








"Travis Bickle: Shit... I'm waiting for the sun to shine."




"Travis: Thank God for the rain to wash the trash off the sidewalk."



  
"Travis: You're only as healthy as you feel."




"Travis : I think someone should just take this city and just... just flush it down the fuckin' toilet."



"Travis: The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people."




"Travis: All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the Bronx, Brooklyn, I take 'em to Harlem. I don't care. Don't make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won't even take spooks. Don't make no difference to me."




"Wizard: You get a job. You become the job."




"Travis: Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up."




"Travis : Don't try it you fuck.
 You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK."


  

"Betsy: Taking me to a place like this is about as exciting as saying to me "Let's fuck."




"Travis: I realize now how much she's just like the others, cold and distant, and many people are like that, women for sure, they're like a union."




"Betsy: You know what you remind me of?
Travis Bickle: What?
Betsy: That song by Kris Kristofferson.
Travis Bickle: Who's that?
Betsy: A songwriter. 'He's a prophet... he's a prophet and a pusher, partly truth, partly fiction. A walking contradiction.'
Travis Bickle: You sayin' that about me?
Betsy: Who else would I be talkin' about?
Travis Bickle: I'm no pusher. I never have pushed.
Betsy: No, no. Just the part about the contradictions. You are that."






Image Steve Shapiro

Image Steve Shapiro



Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...