4.11.10

Clash by Night, 1952

"Mae Doyle D'Amato: Home is where you come when you run out of places."





Mae: You don't know anything about me. What kind of an animal am I? 
Do I have fangs? Do I purr? What jungle am I from? You don't know a thing about me.




Mae: Aren't there any more comfortable men in this world? Now they're all little and nervous like sparrows or big and worried like sick bears. Men!
Earl: Women!



 

Mae: You don't like women, do you?
Earl: Take any six of 'em - my wife included. Throw 'em up in the air. The one who sticks to the ceiling, I like.
 



Mae: Confidence! I want a man to give me confidence, somebody to fight off the blizzards and the floods, somebody to beat off the world when it tries to swallow you up. Huh, me and my ideas.





Mae: You impress me as a man who needs a new suit of clothes or a new love affair - but he doesn't know which.
Earl: You can't make me any smaller. I happen to be pre-shrunk.




Earl: Love is rotten when it happens like this - the hard way. But we want each other, this is the fire we have to walk through, because this is forever, Mae.
Mae: Forever?
Earl: Or until he sticks a knife in me, or you walk out.




Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...