14.11.10

On the Waterfront, 1954


 
"Charlie: You're getting on. You're pushing 30. You know, 
it's time to think about getting some ambition.
Terry: I always figured I'd live a bit longer without it."







"Terry: You know, I seen you a lot of times before. Remember parochial school out on Paluski Street? 7, 8 years ago. Your hair, you had your hair uh...

Edie: Braids.
Terry: Looked like a hunk of rope. And you had wires on your teeth and glasses and everything. You was really a mess."







"Edie: Which side are you with?

Terry: Me? I'm with me, Terry."




"Terry: It wasn't him, Charlie, it was you. ... You was my brother, Charlie, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for
the short-end money.
Charlie: Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.
Terry: You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. 
I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charlie."








"Big Mac: The only arithmetic he ever got was hearing the referee 
count up to ten."









"Edie: I want you to stay away from me.
Terry: Edie, you love me... I want you to say it to me.
Edie: I didn't say I didn't love you. I said, "Stay away from me."




"Terry: You know you're not too funny today, fat man."




 

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...